Cashews have a buttery, sweet, and salty taste, an unmistakable shape, and are an excellent source of several vitamins and minerals. They grow on cashew nut trees, which are native to subtropical climates. Raw, unsalted cashews are often used in vegan recipes, as well as in Indian cooking. Many of us eat cashews after they’ve been roasted and salted, which turns them into a delicious snack.
List of Vendors selling Cashew Nuts:
About this product
Who doesn’t know about cashew nuts? Caju is what we call them in India. We use them mostly in sweets and children love to eat them as they are. Cashew nuts are full of anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals which are required for the normal functioning of the body. They actually belong to Brazil but Portuguese brought them to India in the 16th century. The kidney shaped or bean shaped nuts have many health benefits, a few of which are presented below:
- Prevents Cancer: Proanthocyanidins are a class of flavonols which fight against tumor cells by stopping them to divide further. These proanthocyanidins and high copper content in cashew nuts help fight against cancerous cells (1) and keeps you away from colon cancer. This is one of the major cashew nut benefits.
- Healthy Heart: Cashews contain low fat content when compared to other nuts and that too in the oleic acid form which is very healthy for heart. They are cholesterol free and the antioxidants present keeps you away from heart diseases (2).
- Lowers High Blood Pressure: Cashew nuts lower your blood pressure (3) with the help of magnesium present in them.
- Helps Hair: Copper is the mineral which helps your hair get that color. So if you take cashews which are full of copper content, you can get that black hair that you always wished for (4).
- Healthy Bones: Like calcium, magnesium is also important for bone health which is the main content in cashew nuts (5).
- Healthy Nerves: Magnesium is stored on the bones surface which prevents calcium from entering the nerve cells and thus keeps the blood vessels and muscles relaxed. Insufficient amount of magnesium can lead calcium to enter the blood vessels leading them to contract. It also leads to high blood pressure, migraine headache etc.